Monday, August 18, 2008

The Will of Thomas Williams, Granville Co., NC (1761)


The Will of Thomas Williams, Granville Co., NC:

Wills to my wife and son Roger Williams, all estate with wife having use of same for the term of her widowhood or lifetime; to son Roger, a negro slave; to son Thomas, a negro slave and my mill and plantation ; to son William, a negro slave and upper part of my land divided between sons Thomas and William; to son Samuel, 2 negroes; I leave to wife and son Roger 100 pds. Virginia money to purchase 2 more negroes for her use during her widowhood and then, at her death, one of them to son Thomas and the other to son Roger Williams; to wife and son Roger all stock, household goods, etc., but if she remarry, then divided to my four children.
Exrs: my wife and my son Roger Williams
Wts: William Burrow, John Burch, Saml. Lancaster

Source: Abstracts Of Granville County, NC, Unrecorded wills, 1746-1771, by Zae Gwynn
Page 65-Feb. 12, 1761–proved Aug. court 1761

No comments:

Post a Comment