Monday, August 18, 2008

The Will of William Williams, Granville Co., NC (1763)

I do not know how this William Williams of Granville Co., NC connects into my Williams family line. It is always my way to publish everything I find. I hope someday down the line I can connect them all.

Williams, William–wills to son Charles Williams 250 acres of land on south side of Tarr river, also my part of the wagon and the two horses belonging to the wagon, a feather bed and furniture; to son Stephen Williams, plantation whereon I now live containing the 143 acres on north side of Tarr river and a feather bed and furniture, a horse and my saddle; to daughter Lucy Pitman, wife of Samuel Pitman, 5 shillings; my wife Elizabeth to have use of plantation and dwelling house whereon I now live for as long as she is my widow or for life and at her death, the land to go to the aforesaid Stephen Williams; the movable property divided between Charles and Stephen Williams.
Exrs: my son Charles Williams and friend Francis Fowler
Wts: John Williams, John Morris

Source: Abstracts Of Granville County, NC, Unrecorded wills, 1746-1771, by Zae Gwynn
Page 66-April 3, 1763–proved Feb. 1765

No comments:

Post a Comment