Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Louise and James P Lasiter


LASITER
J Putman
Nov 20 1908
May 31 1974

T Louise
Jan 1 1908
Dec 27 1996



Last week, for my Wordless Wednesday post, I posted two pictures of my great-grandparents who are buried here in this plot. They were buried in Forest Park Cemetery in Fort Smith, Arkansas. They weren't buried with the rest of the Putman and Lasiter family, however. That family plot might have been filled up by the time James Putman Lasiter had purchased this plot for him and his wife. Afterall, there were at least 8 people buried there by the time James Lasiter died in 1974! I never got to meet him because he died before I was born. He died of heart failure. He worked for the news paper and my great grandmother worked for a couple of department stores. She was one of the few women who finished high school during that time. We were not a family that visited our loved ones' graves, so this was the first time I had ever been to this cemetery and visited the grave of my great-grandfather (and his parents and grand-parents) - when I took this picture - 06 May 2006.

- Photograph privately held by Ginger R. Smith. Photographed by Ginger R. Smith, May 6, 2006 at Forest Park Cemetery, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment